Empowering Green Mobility: Locating EV Charge Stations Across Nepal

EV Charge StationsNepal has come a long way toward implementing sustainable and eco-friendly transportation systems in the previous several years. One of the most amazing developments in this area is the rapid national distribution of electric vehicle (EV) charging stations. By creating a solid electric vehicle (EV) network, Nepal is undoubtedly making a contribution to the worldwide drive toward a greener future.

The utilization of electric vehicles is still relatively new in Nepal. 1% of the population in Nepal is currently thought to utilize an electric scooter, despite the fact that the number of electric vehicles in the country is not known with confidence. This number is expected to increase significantly over the next few years as the government has set a target of making Nepal a fully electric vehicle nation by the end of the current year.

Types of Electric Vehicle(EV) Charger 

Nepal has seen a significant rise in the number of EV charging stations over the past several years. These stations fall into one of three categories:

  • Slow Charger
  • Fast Charger
  • Rapid Charger
TypeCharging WattCharging TimeBattery %
Slow Chargers3kw12 hr 0-100%
Slow Chargers7kw6-8 hr 0-100%
Fast Chargers22kw3 hr 0-100%
Rapid Charger50kw40 min 0-80%
Ultra-Rapid Charger350kw20 min 0-80%

Slow Chargers

You may often find these chargers in homes and offices. Although they have a reduced charging capacity, they are practical for charging at night so that the battery is fully charged in the morning.

  • Home Electric Socket(3kW): Typically it takes 12 hours to fully recharge a battery from zero.
  • Home EV Charger(7kW): Typically it takes 6-8 hours to fully recharge a battery from zero. 

Fast Chargers

Fast chargers offer substantially quicker charging speeds than slow chargers and are frequently found in business areas, shopping centers, and motorways. They are perfect for an afternoon fast top-up.

  • Fast Charger(22kW): Typically it takes 3 hours to fully recharge a battery from zero.

Rapid Chargers

Rapid chargers are judiciously positioned along key thoroughfares. They provide ultra-fast charging, enabling EV owners to swiftly refuel their cars while on lengthy trips.

  • Rapid Charger(50kW): Typically it takes 40 mins to charge 80% of the battery and after that to charge the remaining 20%, the charging speed is slowed down in order to protect the battery life.
  • Ultra-Rapid Charger(350kW): Typically it takes 20 mins to charge 80% of the battery and after that to charge the remaining 20%, the charging speed is slowed down in order to protect the battery life.

List of Electric Car Charger Locations in Nepal

Charging PointLocationContact Number
Thapathali EV showroomThapathali01-5911553/5911554/5911556
Orchid Moto CorpBirgunj091-523714/524492
LI Quick ServiceTinkune01-4111891/4111892
LI ServiceKupondole01-5420037/5450380/5550380
LI ServiceDhapasi01-4355430/4355431
LI ServiceBhaktapur01-5970226/6635266
Labim MallPulchowk, Lalitpur01-5529924
New Shiv ServiceSinamangal01-4474511/4474512/4474513
Hyundai SalesNaxal01-5911556/5911457/5911558
Laxmi Bank Head OfficeKathmandu-Hattisar01-4544684
Hyundai SalesThapathali01-5911553/5911554/5911556
Hotel DevoteeDhangadhi091-521618
Hotel PauwaBhalubhang071-570305
Pinnacle ServiceBasanta Chowk, Bharatpur056-526276
Royal Century HotelBharatpur056-525865
Barahi Jungle LodgeBharatpur, Meghauli West9851331247
Siddhartha ResortChisapani091-414000
Dinesh 4 WheelsDhangadi091-523714/524492
Siddhartha HotelNepalgunj081-551200
Him IntercontinentalNepalgunj081-550427/081-550428/081-550429
New Rider AutoworldDang082-562602
Siddhi Vinayak ServiceButwal071-415275
Hotel Da FlamingoButwal071-420152
Jagat MotorBhairahawa071-575428/071-575429
Bodhi Red SunBhairahawa071-525957
KC's Restaurant & HomeSauraha985-5015309
Hotel NepalirikaBiratchowk021-545212
Hotel KingsburyBirtamode023-509700
Akchyat ResortMulkot9851045480
Hotel VishwaBirgunj051-591055
Orchids Moto CorpBirgunj091-523714/524492
Hetauda WheelsHetauda057-520200
Avocado & Orchids ResortHetauda057-520235
Royal Auto WorldBiratnagar021-460609
Pathivara Auto LinkItahari025-587502
Alliance MotorsBirtamode023-541495
Barahi Service CenterPokhara061-524336
Bindiya Service CenterPokhara061-530436
Water Front ResortPokhara061-420004
Hotel BarahiPokhara061-460617
Kurintar RetreatKurintar-Darechowk9851340153
Hotel Soaltee WestendItahari-Koshi Highway025-587502
Hotel NepalirikaDamak- E-W Highway9717216222

You may also like:

Why Fast EV Charging Stations are important?

In Nepal, EV charging stations are essential for advancing public health, enhancing energy security, fostering economic growth, and so on. The importance of EV charging stations is listed below:

  • Air Quality Improvement: EV charging stations promote zero-emission electric cars, reducing air pollution and addressing health issues associated with poor air quality in metropolitan settings.
  • Energy Security: As Nepal moves toward electric transportation, its reliance on imported fossil fuels decreases, boosting energy security and stability.
  • Economic Growth: By generating jobs and promoting entrepreneurship, the EV charging sector promotes economic growth and aids in the advancement of the nation’s economy.
  • Sustainable Tourism: Charging stations help promote sustainable tourism by accommodating eco-aware visitors who drive electric cars, supporting Nepal’s commitment to environmental protection.
  • Global Environmental Commitments: Nepal has shown its commitment to tackling climate change by adopting EVs and clean charging that are in line with international accords like the Paris Agreement.

Is the future of Electric Vehicles(EVs) good in Nepal?

Electric vehicles (EVs) have a bright future in Nepal If charging stations are easily available in different locations. EVs are becoming a feasible choice as Nepal struggles with air pollution problems and looks for sustainable transportation options. As a result of its abundance of water resources, Nepal is known to have a great potential for electricity production. We may expect more Nepali customers to transition to electric mobility since the Nepali government is diligently working to enhance the number of charging stations. 

The advantages are obvious: lower emissions, lower costs, and less reliance on imported fossil fuels. We can imagine a day when EVs are often seen on Nepal’s roadways if the charger network keeps expanding, even into remote regions, and if renewable energy integration increases. However, ongoing government backing and increased public knowledge of the benefits of electric cars in terms of the environment and the economy will also be necessary for EVs to succeed in Nepal.

What are the benefits of EV Charge Stations?

  • Enhanced Convenience: With more EV charging stations available, it is easier for owners of electric vehicles to find a location where the battery of their vehicle may be charged.
  • Time Efficiency: Charging stations provide quicker charging periods than home charging, which occasionally requires an 8-hour level 2 charger. In less than 30 minutes, certain rapid chargers may restore up to 80% of the battery’s capacity.
  • Fuel Cost Savings: While it is well known that electric vehicles (EVs) are fuel-efficient, the increased accessibility of charging stations increases these savings and gives EV owners an even more affordable mode of transportation.


How long does an electric car battery last?

The lifespan of an electric car battery typically ranges from 8 to 15 years, depending on factors like usage, charging habits, and the vehicle's make and model.

How do I charge my EV at home?

To charge your EV at home, you'll need a home charging station or a dedicated electrical outlet, often installed by a professional electrician. Plug your EV into the station or outlet using the provided charging cable.

What is the app for EV charging stations in Nepal?

EZ (Easy) is the app for EV charging stations in Nepal.

How to open an EV charging station in Nepal?

The persons or institutions that plan to invest in charging infrastructure must obtain a permit from the Nepal Electricity Authority while no licenses will be required for setting up a household charging system unless the household consumption goes beyond an approved load level.

What is electric vehicle charging station?

An electric vehicle charging station is a place where electric cars recharge their batteries. It's like a gas station for electric vehicles. There are different types, but they all provide the electricity needed to power up an electric car.


In Nepal, the use of EV charging stations goes well beyond simple practicality; it is a revolutionary force guiding the country toward a more sustainable and affluent future. EV charging stations are playing a crucial role in determining Nepal’s course toward sustainability by reducing air pollution, enhancing energy security, fostering economic growth, and adhering to international environmental commitments. These charging stations serve as more than simply electric car power outlets; they also serve as an inspiration for a Nepal that is healthier, more sustainable, and flexible.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *