To apply for employment, immigration, or visa in Nepal, one must first get a Police Clearance Certificate, also known as a police report online. The majority of the time, companies and government agencies need this document as confirmation of your lack of a criminal record.
In this guide, we will walk you through the process of applying for a police report online in Nepal, both online and offline, ensuring you navigate the system with ease.
What Is a Police Clearance Certificate?
A police clearance certificate, also known as a police report, a police check, or a criminal history check, is a legal document issued by law enforcement or other government bodies. This document records a person’s criminal history or absence thereof in a particular area or nation. A police certificate is primarily used to confirm if a person has a criminal history or any active criminal charges.
Documents required for a police clearance certificate in Nepal
Gather the required paperwork in advance to speed up the application process. Typically, you’ll need:
- Citizenship, picture of the front and back
- Recently taken passport-size photo
- Passport photo (Pages no. 1, 2, and 30) including the bio page
- A sheet with the passport’s immigration stamp is also required if you are presently traveling overseas
- Nabalik Pramanpatra (If applicant is under age)
- Your Contact Number
- Your Email ID
- Scanning of unexpired travel documents of refugees.
- Scan travel documents with the Nepal Immigration Department upon arrival/departure when entering/exiting Nepal.
- Scanning the refugee card.
- A letter from the refugee in question.
- Passport size color photograph – 1 piece.
- Scan your unexpired passport.
- Copy of arrival and departure salary of Nepal Immigration Department (if the person is not in Nepal) in the passport at the time of entry and exit to Nepal.
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s organization.
- Passport size color photograph – 1 copy.
NOTE: Ensure that all documents are clear, legible, and up to date.
Steps to Complete Police Report Online Form in Nepal
Filling out an online police form or requesting a police report involves several steps.
Step 1: Visit the Official website
Step 2: Now click on “Register” to create an account.
Step 3: Choose one of them: I’m Nepali, I’m Foreign or I’m a refugee and click Next.
Step 4: Enter your full name, select your gender, mobile number, and email, complete the captcha, and then click “Register” to complete the registration process.
Step 5: You’ll receive a temporary password in your email or SMS. Next, modify the password and log in again.
Step 6: You must now complete the online form in five stages. These include filling out personal information, address, documentation, self-declaration, and confirmation.
Step 7: Fill up all the details correctly, according to your citizenship document/ passport.
Step 8: Upload your photo and document that is clearly visible in the document section.
Step 9: Complete the passport issuing authority details by filling in the space with the stamp on page 3. If your document is unclear, your application can be refused or rejected.
Step 10: If you have a criminal background, you can disclose it in the self-declaration area.
Step 11: Lastly recheck and submit your application.
Eligibility for the Police Clearance Certificate
Depending on the particular needs of the granting body and the intended use of the certificate, the eligibility requirements for applying for a Police Clearance Certificate or a Police Report Online in Nepal may change. The following people are eligible to apply for a police clearance certificate in Nepal.
- The applicant must have a valid e-passport /MRP passport and a valid residence document.
- Age: 16 years and above. Application for minors must be made by a parent exercising parental authority if the minor is under 16 years of age.
- The applicant’s current address must match the address on the passport and other supporting documents.
- Applicants who need a residence, work, or long-term visa or immigration to another country.
The processing time required for a Police Report Online
A Police Clearance Certificate’s processing time in Nepal might change based on several variables, including the workload of the authorities. Plan if you want to get your certificate; it can take a few weeks. Applying far in advance of when you want the certificate is advised.
You May Also like:
- Central Bank of Nepal: Key Functions and Objectives
- Interest Rate Of Nabil Bank
- Online E-passport Nepal
How much does a police clearance certificate cost in Nepal?
How long does it take to prepare a police character certificate?
How long is a police report valid in Nepal?
Where can I get a police report stamp in Nepal?
For many formal purposes, it is essential to get a police clearance certificate or a police report online in Nepal. You may complete the application procedure whether you select the time-saving offline option or the standard online one by following the guidelines provided in this article. Plan and make sure all of your paperwork is to prevent needless delays in receiving your certificate.